Investment Casting / Lost Wax Casting
At Jade Trading, we utilise the lost wax process to create high precisison investment castings.
Jade Trading supplies a number of Blue Chip Companies with many thousands of Lost Wax Investment
Castings per Month. Castings can be held in stock and delivered to your Weekly or Monthly schedules.
Jade Trading can supply Lost Wax Investment Castings in various materials.
LOST WAX INVESTMENT CASTINGS TO 25kg
Alloys that can be poured: Carbon Steels, Stainless Steels, Copper Based, Aluminium
Steels: From a few grammes to 25 kg
Irons: From a few grammes to 25 kg
Copper Alloys: From a few grammes to 25 kg
Aluminium: From a few grammes to 10 kg
One of the least understood of the many casting processes has
now developed into a process that can give engineers:
Our investment castings can be treated and finished as required. To see more information regarding the finishes that we offer, visit our 'Casting Treatments / Finishes' page.
To see our investment casting specifications - please see our MATERIALS section which has individual specifications for each material.
The process can be simply described as:
Die and Pattern
1) Make an aluminium die, which you can inject a hot wax into.
2) Assemble a multiple of waxes onto a runner or downsprue.
3) Immerse the assembly into a ceramic slurry.
4) Fine grains of a Zircon sand can then be sprinkled onto the runner. This initial coating is the one that will determine the casting surface finish.
5) Allow assembly to dry
6) Repeat actions 3&4, using Molochite instead of Zircon & 5, until a ceramic shell has built up enough to hold the molten metal.
7) Place the assembly into a steam autoclave in an inverted position to allow the melted wax to run out.
8) Fire the mould at a temperature of 1050 OC to cure the ceramic shell and also pre heat prior to pouring.
9) Fill the mould with molten metal.
10) Once the metal has solidified, the shell can be vibrated away from the metal and the castings cut off from the assembly.