Common uses of Gravity Die Castings are:
• General Engineering
• All shapes up to 5kg
• Aluminium and Zinc based alloys
Advantages of Die Castings:
• Complex shapes with close dimensional tolerances
• Little or no machining required
• Exact repeatability on many thousands of parts
• Very thin walls can be produced
• Low finishing costs
Parts can be supplied in a variety of finishes ranging from Raw Metal, Electro Polished, Zinc Plated to Machined and painted in Multi-Colours.
Process of Gravity Die Casting
Step 1: A die set is made with 2 halves.
Step 2: Molten metal is poured into the cavity of the mould using the force of gravity.
Step 3: The molten metal solidifies quickly.
Step 4: The mould / die set is pulled apart.
Step 5: The casting is created quickly. The die set can be re-used and the casting can be reproduced quickly.